Here's the story of why I'm riding across america

Hello, I’m Dave Nowlan. I cycled from Encinitas, Calif., to Cape Cod, Mass. from April 22 through May 28, 2012 in an effort to raise awareness of Multiple Sclerosis (MS), and to help fund research for a cure. My wife, Claire, and daughter, Julia, both have MS. I broke my back in a sledding accident almost three years ago; I’m the luckiest guy in the world to have recovered without being paralyzed and was able to ride this long cross continent adventure. Click on this link to “my story” for more information and why I continue riding. Here is a link to Information about MS

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Day 25 - Buckeye's Anyone?

We've made good progress over the last few days.  Today started out warmer with a tail wind and then  the wind direction changed at 12:30 p.m. to a north-east quartering head wind (argh). 

I happened upon a horse-drawn wagon moseying down the road.   I think it was a chuck wagon (or maybe a Conestoga wagon) I immediately got a hankering for some beans.  I had some for dinner, yup.

We were able to make it to Ohio today, crossing the state line at 5:00 p.m. I rode 89 miles today,  here's a link to today's route map.  We should be in Ohio for a few days, continuing on US RT 40 to Columbus.   Then heading northeast diagonally across the state. 

All is well with no machanical problems or getting lost. A good day.







3 comments:

  1. Dave,
    Congrats on passing the 2K mile mark and welcome to the EST time zone. Good to hear you had a trouble free day. Good luck through Ohio!!!
    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! While not exactly "East Coast", that must feel great to not have to change your watches and devices anymore. Big milestone! 2000 miles and last time zone. Congrats! (BTW, how the butt? Did the new saddle help?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dave and Claire...received your postcard today, Eva loved hearing from you. I have enjoyed catching up on your journey - what a story to tell. We think of you guys everytime we drive by your home - great job!! Love, the Reifs

    ReplyDelete