Here's the story of why I'm riding across america

Hello, I’m Dave Nowlan. I cycled from Encinitas, Calif., to Cape Cod, Mass. from April 22 through May 28, 2012 in an effort to raise awareness of Multiple Sclerosis (MS), and to help fund research for a cure. My wife, Claire, and daughter, Julia, both have MS. I broke my back in a sledding accident almost three years ago; I’m the luckiest guy in the world to have recovered without being paralyzed and was able to ride this long cross continent adventure. Click on this link to “my story” for more information and why I continue riding. Here is a link to Information about MS

Monday, May 21, 2012

Day 30 - Two State Milestone (May 21)

We left Ohio behind us today, crossed into Pennsylvania and ended up crossing into New York at the end of the day.  I followed US Route 20 for most of today but split off to Route 5A in Erie, PA to take advantage of a bike path along Lake Erie. I stayed on Route 5 into New York where we ended today's ride at Ripley, NY. Rode about 93 miles today.  Here's the link to the map of today's ride.

Had lunch at the Girard Dinor in Girard, PA.  Tammy warned me about a big climb before getting to Erie.  Tammy, it was pretty big, but I was able to handle it fine. 

We also stopped at Penn Winery. I only has 5 miles left to ride so we did some tasting and purchased a couple of bottles.

We ended up on a small motel on the lake with no WiFi. So I can't upload the videos today.

I'll add to this blog when we have better access.








Girard Dinor


Dave in Penn Shores Winery




First Rainbow on the Ride


4 comments:

  1. New York! What a great milestone! Dave this has been such a great ride to watch and admire. You two are amazing. Keep it up and we'll see you soon!

    Greg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dave and Claire!!
    Wow! NY already! Congrats! You are my HEROS!!!
    Can't wait to see you guys!!
    Love you
    Krystel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you choosing the scenic route – rather than coming up through the ultra-crowded metro areas. Wise choice. Enjoy the remainder of your epic charity journey. Unbelievable effort by both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dave,

    Welcome to New York. Give me a call if you have a minute, 716-989-7549, I would like to see you if you stop near Buffalo.

    Vince

    ReplyDelete