Here's the story of why I'm riding across america

Hello, I’m Dave Nowlan. I cycled from Encinitas, Calif., to Cape Cod, Mass. from April 22 through May 28, 2012 in an effort to raise awareness of Multiple Sclerosis (MS), and to help fund research for a cure. My wife, Claire, and daughter, Julia, both have MS. I broke my back in a sledding accident almost three years ago; I’m the luckiest guy in the world to have recovered without being paralyzed and was able to ride this long cross continent adventure. Click on this link to “my story” for more information and why I continue riding. Here is a link to Information about MS

Monday, April 23, 2012

Day 2 Joshua Tree CA

Today was interesting as I ended up riding to 3 dead ends. Some roads turned into dirt roads, which are no good for a road bike. We ended on on a freeway (I 10) where the CA Highway patrol allows bicycles. There are just no other options (we tried them all).  We finally ended on on the right road up to Joshua Tree and Twentynine Palms.  There were 2 large climbs over mountain passes to keep things interesting.  After all the detours I did about 65 miles today and came to a fork in the road I wasn't clear on which way to go, and will affect the next 4 days or so...




1 comment: