Here's the story of why I'm riding across america

Hello, I’m Dave Nowlan. I cycled from Encinitas, Calif., to Cape Cod, Mass. from April 22 through May 28, 2012 in an effort to raise awareness of Multiple Sclerosis (MS), and to help fund research for a cure. My wife, Claire, and daughter, Julia, both have MS. I broke my back in a sledding accident almost three years ago; I’m the luckiest guy in the world to have recovered without being paralyzed and was able to ride this long cross continent adventure. Click on this link to “my story” for more information and why I continue riding. Here is a link to Information about MS

Sunday, April 22, 2012

The Pacific Ocean Dipping Ceremony

Sunday is the journey's major kickoff at LEGOLAND, but Saturday a small group of family and friends gathered at Moonlight beach in Encinitas for the ceremonious dip of my bike's rear wheel in the Pacific Ocean.  My son in-law and I then rode 8 miles from the beach to LEGOLAND, which is now the first official leg of the trip.  Let the games begin.

Click here for a map of Saturday's's ride.




Family and Friends


Rick and Dave on the First Leg of the Journey

1 comment:

  1. Well done Dave! We'll be following your journey across country - Enjoy...

    ~V

    ReplyDelete