Here's the story of why I'm riding across america

Hello, I’m Dave Nowlan. I cycled from Encinitas, Calif., to Cape Cod, Mass. from April 22 through May 28, 2012 in an effort to raise awareness of Multiple Sclerosis (MS), and to help fund research for a cure. My wife, Claire, and daughter, Julia, both have MS. I broke my back in a sledding accident almost three years ago; I’m the luckiest guy in the world to have recovered without being paralyzed and was able to ride this long cross continent adventure. Click on this link to “my story” for more information and why I continue riding. Here is a link to Information about MS

Sunday, April 1, 2012

On the Threshold

The time is getting close, we're on the threshold of leaving for the California coast next week. The support vehicle was shipped yesterday, by truck, to San Diego. I successfully test packed my bike into the travel box to make sure everything fits and that I have all the correct fittings to protect the bike for its ride with us on the airplane.  I put it all back together and had a couple of rides in the trainer over the past two days. The knee is feeling good, but I'm only doing short rides for now to let it heal. 

We've been in contact with Rich Israel, president of the MS Society's San Diego chapter.  We are discussing the possibility of kicking off the ride in conjunction with an MS Walk at Lego Land, where there will be 3500 walkers for a grand send off, which would be very cool, and help to spread the word. More to follow about this, and if this is possible. All is good.

Dave on Trainer

1 comment: