Here's the story of why I'm riding across america

Hello, I’m Dave Nowlan. I cycled from Encinitas, Calif., to Cape Cod, Mass. from April 22 through May 28, 2012 in an effort to raise awareness of Multiple Sclerosis (MS), and to help fund research for a cure. My wife, Claire, and daughter, Julia, both have MS. I broke my back in a sledding accident almost three years ago; I’m the luckiest guy in the world to have recovered without being paralyzed and was able to ride this long cross continent adventure. Click on this link to “my story” for more information and why I continue riding. Here is a link to Information about MS

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Journey is About to Begin

We're in the final week of preparation and all is going well, although a little hectic. The car arrived safely.  The "Cycling Across America" sign is now proudly displayed on the back window for all to see. We even had people coming up to us in parking lots enquiring about the ride. 

We'll be kicking this ride off from LEGOLAND on Sunday, April 22, at 8:00 a.m.  There is an MS Walk taking place and we'll be kicking off both events together.  We'll have 3500 MS walkers and I'll announce the ride, take a ride around LEGOLAND then I'm off!  We even have a west coast contingent walking in the MS walk to support my ride specifically how serendipitous

I've been riding short one or two hour rides every day or two while tapering off  before the start.   Coincidentally my Daughter Julia ran the Boston Marathon yesterday on the MS team there. We're having a good year!



Starting Point April 22, 2012 8:00 a.m.
 

Support Vehicle Rear Window Sign


Bike Prior to Assembly in San Diego

1 comment:

  1. Best Wishes for a GREAT ride. I look forward to reading about it on your blog.

    ReplyDelete